The Research Communications team’s primary tasks are to raise awareness about Kaiser Permanente Southern California’s transformative research program and to demonstrate the program’s ability to produce research that improves health care quality and affordability.
Part of the team’s work has an external focus. The Research Communications team works closely with communication staff in other Kaiser Permanente departments to develop press releases, advance branding strategies, and engage in social media.
Research Communications also has a strong focus on internal communication, which is less common at other research institutions. The team shares research findings with clinical leaders, organizes events and networking opportunities to strengthen connections between research and operations, and manages Science Matters, a newsletter for the internal research community.
Research Communication offers the following services:
Publications and Web
- identifying studies for internal and external promotion
- coordinating press release development process with other Kaiser Permanente offices
- coordinating media training for scientists and other staff involved with media
- producing the department’s Annual Report
- managing content for the department’s internal and external website
- writing and editing Science Matters, a newsletter for the Kaiser Permanente Southern California research community
- organizing and supporting the department’s Research Seminars and the Health Sciences Seminar series
- coordinating participation in internal symposium and other Kaiser Permanente events
- hosting a bi-monthly welcome breakfast for new scientists and staff
If you are interested in more information about our services, feel free to contact:
100 S. Los Robles Ave, Pasadena, 91101